Friday, March 18, 2011

I would like to apologize . . . for the bread.

We all have failures in life.


I spent the greater part of tuesday messing around with a few soda bread recipes.



I made it twice. Both times I produced small, flavorless, hockey pucks.

If I had posted the recipe I was sure my hits from China, Iran, and North Korea would skyrocket as wardens found new ways to feed the prisoners.

My dear one LOVES soda bread. So he said "Oh don't throw them away! I'll eat them." I figured at the very least we'd break them up and feed them to the birds. They were full of nutritious ingredients after all.

We were at the table having our lovely St. Paddy's Day dinner with guests when my Dear One inquired as to the lack of soda bread.

I said "Well I had made so much earlier in the week I didn't see any point in making any today. I thought you'd just have one of those."

Dear One replies, "Oh, those? I brought them into work! So, people could have them, fresh you know . . ."

THOSE? THOSE, HORRIBLE THINGS? YOU BROUGHT THOSE HORRIBLE THINGS INTO WORK AND HAD PEOPLE EAT THEM?

So now, I would really like to apologize to anybody who works with my Dear One and possibly suffered injury eating my hockey pucks.

I didn't mean it, really I didn't.

I would of stopped him if I had known.

I will send in something nice on monday. Seriously I will!

1 comment: