Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 11 of the Occupation . . .


I'm of course referring to the full day occupation of the household by my children . . .

Should you have to tell the 10 year old to not kick the 8 year old . . . in the dairy aisle?

How can you eat yogurt wrong? Guitar Boy is emphatic that his youthful siblings do!

The cat is getting jumpy and can't keep his Friskies down! Now he sits and howls at me. Believe me it wasn't my idea!

Last night, I heard my Dear One warn them in a very low and threatening voice "Leave her alone, she is taking a shower, you do not need her before she is done." . . . he is such a flirt!

Okay, if I am ready to have a mental breakdown over dealing with three harping children how am I ever going to put up with say . . . religious persecution?

Food blogging? All I do is make peanut butter and jelly and reheat pizzas!

So on my way out of the local grocery store. My former happy place, which is now become a house of horrors. I picked up a small libation. For blogging purposes only . . .



Hornsby's Hard Cider! We tried some different "hard" ciders at the KC Craft Beer Festival last weekend. They were terrifically refreshing on a hot day!


Hard ciders are cider that has been allowed to ferment. If you read old sermons you'll occasionally hear references to "cider drinkers."

This is what they're talking about!



I decided to try the Crisp Apple. It is crisp and light and just brimming with fresh apple flavor! Just enough sweetness to make it a lovely summer drink. Not cloying at all. I drank it wondering if it contained any "read" alcohol at all. A little research made me go WHOA! It's at 5.5% and the Amber style is a hefty 6%. This makes it STRONGER than some of my favorite craft beers!

If you like wine you're going to like this stuff! If you like a wine cooler it might be your cup of tea too, though the Crisp Apple flavor is less sweet than most wine coolers I've had.

If people were brewing this in the 1700's, what in the WORLD ever made them stop?

I'm going to have to watch the kiddos though. Guitar Boy was like "Oh, you're getting cider? I LOVE cider!"

Bedtime may be getting a lot easier around here . . .

2 comments:

  1. As much as I loved the taste, it has the heartburn capacity of say a Mike's Hard drink. That's the part I don't love. But otherwise, it was delicious. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how this post made me laugh! I love you Deb! Hope the days are getting easier!

    ReplyDelete