Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Spy With My Little Eye . . .


The kids have been home from school for one day and this is what EVERY surface of my house looks like!

When I opened up my desk this morning I thought, Wow! I am such a mess . . .

Then I observed that the baseball cap isn't mine. The Bionicle arm isn't mine. The popsicle stick isn't . . . oh wait I did eat a popsicle last night . . . never mind.

Seriously though, every surface! One Day! Will I ever cook again?

The mess reminds me of something though . . .

When I was but a wee lass and my family would go to visit my passle of 8 cousins occasionally the adults would find us annoying. Eleven children under the age of 17 and they found us annoying, imagine? If it was dark or raining they'd organize an activity for us called "I Spy . . ."

My Dad would grab some tiny innocuous object, usually a beer cap. Show it to us and then send us all off to the bedroom. He'd have one of the teenagers hide it "in plain sight." Then he'd yell and we'd all come barreling out and start to look for it. Just with our eyes . . . you couldn't touch anything because the tiny object might slip out of sight or become covered. After a few minutes he'd start telling us how we were doing . . . Sam is cold . . . Barb is getting warmer . . . Dennis you are on fire! Open your eyes boy!

It was soooo much fun!

Much better than Nintendo or X-Box.

Evidently somebody else's Dad also played this game with him because we have this iteration of the game played in a books!


You've played with these before! You know it! Admit it! You've spent a few minutes beside a cousin, mother, friend trying to find the man in the glasses and dorky hat! They are cool because of all the little funny things going on. They are great distractions.



These are the newer take on an old game. The photography is beautiful . . .

Yes, my children have checked every hidden object book available at the library. I had to go to some place with clean tables! I needed it!

They even have hidden object games on the internet now! I've seen them advertised on Facebook. I haven't tried any of them but it reminded me of this.



Which brings me back to this picture . . .

Has anyone seen my glasses?

No comments:

Post a Comment