Thursday, February 10, 2011

Boulevard Chocolate Ale


Oh . . . my! Be still, my heart  . . .


I am breathless . . .




. . . with your beautiful chocolate smudges on the label . . .



. . . and Christopher Elbow helped make you??? . . .



The Boulevard Smokestacks are always strong. They're aged you know . . . brings up the alcohol content . . .


I can't wait to open you! . . . but I must . . .




The nice man at the liquor store said only one! . . . One for you! . . . Who to share it with?



With that 9.1% alcohol level you're twice as strong as a LOT of beers out there. So I better share you!



My husband won't appreciate you . . . this is clearly beer for chicks! I mean it's CHOCOLATE Ale after all,
.
.
What if . . . what if I don't like you?
.
.
.
SOLUTION! Drink somebody else's Chococlate Ale




My son decided that he wanted to have a bottle of this beer too so he went and bought one for himself!
With the recklessness of youth he went ahead and opened it up at the first opportunity . . .

. . . and he shared!
.
.
.
 Maybe today's youth aren't so bad after all . . .
.
.
.


When you open up your champagne style bottle of Boulevard's Chocolate Ale you will be hit by a wave of chocolate aroma.  It smells like a warm glass full of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup!  It smells like giant pans of warm brownies! 

I'm thinking Christopher Elbow needs to work on an aftershave!


The color is a beautiful tawny, milk chocolatey sort of color. The foam is dense and creamy.

On the first sip I was completely fooled! I thought--it's as sweet as chocolate syrup!
.
.
Then the bitterness of raw cocoa hit my tongue.
.
.
I tasted the roasted malty smokey notes.
.
.
A bit of acid from natural cocoa.
.
.
Bitterness from hops and alkalized or "dutched" cocoa.  Sort of like eating unsweetened chocolate. 
.
.
As the alcohol warms in your mouth it starts to evaporate and you are once again engulfed in chocolate aromas!
.
.
After several tastes tests I have to say this beer doesn't contain one ounce of sweetness in it. But it smells sweet as heaven.  If it wasn't "chocolate" I would say this is definitely MAN beer.  But it is chocolate. So feed it to your man and give him a great big KISS!
.
.
Or pour it over ice cream . . .
.
.
Final opinion? It's unique, one of a kind, but for this chick one is enough.




2 comments:

  1. You are making want to go home and open mine right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can drink it and give your sweetie chocolate scented kisses!

    ReplyDelete