Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Temporary Disruption


There will be a temporary disruption in my posts due to the fact that I need to fix the toilets.

All the toilets.

Evidently their parts warranty has run out because they're all breaking!

On to Home Depot for me.

Excuse me, my son, AJ works here do you know him? Tall, red headed? Oh really? I'm his mother! I need new toilet parts. The float, the lever the whole shebang. Four sets please! The good ones! There are 4 men in my household we need it sturdy . . .

 Too bad he doesn't work today. I could wander around the store looking for him! On a good day I can identify myself to five different people. They're a very helpful store.

I'll be back soon.

Update:

All of our toilets have brand new innards! I seriously have missed my calling.  Just a word to the people out there who are considering doing their own plumbing . . .


You may be tempted to purchase this kit because it looks like what's in your toilet already. It has all the parts. Heck it says DELUXE on it! But you see once you install it you've got to get all 500 parts to not rub against eachother.  It's like having a dinner party with democrats and republicans and trying to keep them from talking politics, unions, religion etc. Fights break out if everything isn't synchronized perfectly. So after installing it and fiddling with it for an hour or more . . .


I took the opportunity when I was out to pick up a different style.

Hallelujah! Installation of this puppy is about five minutes. 

Plus 25 minutes of toilet draining, drying, removal of old parts, and cleaning up after yourself! Seriously, I installed 3 of these in two hours with potty breaks and all tools put safely away. 

There were only a handful of leftover parts afterward . . .

I'm sure it'll be fine . . .

Nothing's dripping . . . yet

No comments:

Post a Comment