Friday, February 18, 2011

Stella!


I'll admit it. My husband and I became interested in this beer because of the commercials. So when it was available at a local Art Fair we said sure!

Is there anything more enjoyable than a cold beer enjoyed on a patio while you indulge in sausages? Not for those of us from German-Irish stock!

Stella Artois is a Belgian Lager style beer. Now the Belgians are quite possibly the world's best beer makers. Seriously, they've been brewing this beer since 1366! Can you say longevity?


This is beer for beer drinkers.  It has that lovely golden straw color I enjoy in beer.

It has a very unique aroma. It smells a little like good musk smells. It's a deeply primal, slightly sweet smell. Your first sniff might leave you thinking of high end perfumes and aftershaves.

It has hops in it. They are prevalent but their bitterness doesn't overwhelm the beer's slightly sweet notes. It is one of those beers that leaves a strange funky perfume in your mouth long after it's gone down your gullet. But it's a pleasant perfume! The closest way to describe it is like hyacinths.

Since the two biggest flavor notes are bitter and sweet I highly recommend drinking it with salty and sour things. We had it with Italian sausages and mustard! It was perfect!


When I was pouring it I noticed it didn't come up as high in my glass as some other beers do. Gasp! They only put 11.2 oz. in each bottle! When you figure that this beer goes for $8.99 for a six pack at the local Hy-Vee you'll probably want to keep it for special occasions. I got it for Valentine's Day. Went lovely with our rich fish dish.

I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment