Friday, April 22, 2011

The Boy Scout Motto



Always be prepared!

Well at least that's what I hear the Boy Scout motto is . . .

So on this Good Friday morning I've gotta ask myself Am I prepared?

Am I prepared for the family coming to spend the weekend with us? . . . not really

House cleaned? NO

Sheets changed? NO

Food bought? practically . . .

Menu's planned? . . . sort of . . .

Am I prepared for an 8 year old birthday's? . . . not really

Presents? Sort of . . . he doesn't know what he wants! We went and picked up a multitude of small gifts last night and of course they aren't wrapped or anything. Do you think he'll mind red and green paper with candy canes and holly berries on it?

Cake? I'm going to bake and design a cake while company is here. Am I insane?

Birthday Dinner? I'm sure he'll love the ham and macaroni & cheese. Now to convince him that he really, really likes spinach salad with pancetta, white beans, and balsamic vinaigrette . . .

Am I prepared for Easter?

Commercially?-I've got the eggs, I've got the decorations, I've negotiated basket size with the Bunny. Clothes are purchased.

Spiritually? I've had a whole Lenten season to prepare and I even included a traditional Lenten sacrifice this year. I haven't ate pork in WEEKS! I smoked a brisket a few weeks ago and I think I ate the whole thing myself. I told my husband-It tastes just like bacon! He said it didn't. OH NO! I'VE FORGOTTEN THE TASTE OF BACON!

Seriously though I have tried to become spiritually prepared yet I feel flat. Oh well, dealing with the flats is the true measure of faith I think! I'm considering it a challenge! But I am frankly excited about all the Good Friday activities available at church and will ignore some of my more secular preparations to take part in them. I WILL! I WILL! I WILL! It's what my mother-in-law would want me to do!

She also wanted me to have those totally hot shoes I found at DSW yesterday. They are Italian and they were on sale! She likes my husband to buy me nice things . . .

HAVE A WONDERFUL EASTER!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment