Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter!!!


That's my Little Buddy participating in the BSLC Easter Egg hunt a few years ago. The kids run around crazy picking up plastic eggs and then they take them inside and trade them for a goody bag. It's a good time plus there's a fantastic breakfast included. You should come and join us!

It's Holy Week and we're getting prepared for Easter Festivities around here. I discovered just a few days ago that my in-laws are coming to spend the weekend with us. It's also Little Buddy's birthday on Easter so I'm basically ditching all my church duties to entertain family. Charity begins at home right?


So we're laying in supplies . . .

Hmm?

My husband brought that home!

It was on sale!

We have to have our larders overflowing because otherwise their poor little parental hearts want to buy us food. My next door neighbor's mother used to bring her cases of food every time they visited. I remember one Easter when she called and said. "Do you have any freezer room? They're bringing a side of beef . . ."

So today I have a to do list.

1. Make whole grain bread.

2. Make and freeze dinner rolls.

3. Make banana bread.

4. Clean the refrigerator.

5. Rearrange the pantry putting all unhealthy things way in back where they can't be seen.

6. Finalize Easter dinner menu. I've got to be able to convince the eight year old that it is his dream birthday dinner.

7. Plan on how to make a chocolate-mint birthday cake that integrates Oreo cookies look Easterish.

8. Make a shopping list.

9. Work out a way to get my toes painted and eyebrow's waxed.

10.  Figure out what I'm wearing.

11. Pray! I can't let the reason for the season get away from me after all!

What am I doing on here? I've got work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment